Saturday, March 28, 2015

Two Houses

There are two houses for sale now on our street.  Well, technically, there are three, and one of the two I'm writing about actually has a North Highland address; the Wessyngton house with a "For Sale" sign that I'm not counting is the brick dupex, still awaiting demolition; there's been a dumpster on the driveway for months, but not anything obvious going on since they removed the trees behind the house last fall.


The really large house that was built where Angela's house used to be -- the one that has really good views of all our back yards -- is now pretty much finished and there was an open house a couple of weeks ago. I was out of town and couldn't go.


The "text for information" sign has disappeared and the house is now listed as "active contingent," which I think means they are close to a deal to sell it.


The other house that still has a "For Sale" sign in front of it is the one at Wessyngton & North Highland, across the street from where the apartments used to be.  The house has been renovated and I've been wondering which one would sell first, this one or the new construction.  But when I checked the realtor's website a couple of weeks ago, they didn't even have information about the house posted., so I figured, no way it would sell before the other one did.


This morning when I went by, walking the dog, someone had just pulled up into the driveway.  He told me he was there to inspect the house.  For the buyer or the seller, I asked.  For the buyer, he told me.

2 comments:

Eternalspring said...

Yes indeed, it is a hot housing market even at the top end. I have been watching the house on the corner as well and to my absolute amazement it looks like someone is flipping the house! Is it those times again?

As to the really big house that had open house last week, well I have been watching that one to and the thing about that house that intrigues me is the absence of a sidewalk. I noticed that the property on the corner of Wessyngton and North Highland that was subdivided and prepared for construction has gotten a new sidewalk. The big houses in the middle that were new construction, they got a new sidewalk. Just extrapolating from that one could reasonably reason that all new construction comes with a sidewalk. Thus when this big house for sale became finished I was to be sure bit disappointed that it did not came with a sidewalk. I have e-mailed the city building inspectors but got no response to what the actual rule is. It would be interesting to know when a sidewalk is required and when not.... sure would be nice to have a sidewalk on our street. ;-)

Unknown said...

Nice.. gotta love it when a place is good enough people'll admit they want to buy it!! back when I sold my house, it was a mess, I'm amazed anyone bought it even for 300k (it was a 2.5 br). good to see other sellers are more responsible than I am haha :P

Steve Beliveau @ Firstclass Building Inspections