Monday, July 21, 2014

Another One Down

Angela's house is gone now and so are most of the trees.

I still think of the yellow house that used to be on the other side of Kathy and Steve's house as Angela's house, because Angela is person I knew best who lived there.  But it was vacant for a long time before the tree removal sign appeared in front of the house in February.


I went in the backyard in February and took pictures of the five trees that were marked with the fluorescent orange X's.





Last week, the house was demolished.  This was done while I was at work, so I didn't get any pictures of it, but I did get some pictures afterwards.  Here's one of them.


Later in the week, once the debris was mostly removed, the tree removal team came in and started taking out the trees.


I guess they didn't get done, on Friday; they left ropes on this one.  I assume it will come down today.


In other news, I heard from our neighbor Lee Anne that she and her husband had bought a house in Buckhead; they needed more space for a growing family, but were keeping their house on Wessyngton and were renting it out to a family that would be moving in soon.  I told her I had heard that, and wished them the best in their new neighborhood.  I'd seen the moving truck at their house a couple of weeks ago and asked her husband what was going on.  He told me they needed more space and were moving, and I asked if they had sold their house.  No, they were renting it out.  So find us some good neighbors, I told him.  He assured me that they had.

Here's hoping for the same for the house that will replace Angela's house.

Addendum:  Kathy shared some pictures of the demolition with me.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can only imagine how badly you're missing your friend Angela. I guess some people just have to move when their hearts crave for another home. Anyway, I hope the neighbors who will replace Lee Anne and her family are nice people. I bet you're thrilled to find out. I'm wishing you all the best! :)

Kristy Sanders @ Creb Now